ACUPUNCTURE & FERTILITYAcupuncture has a successful history in treatment of infertility.
Acupuncture has a long and successful history in treatment of infertility. It can be used to help boost fertility, improve the chances of IVF or IUI success, and to prepare the body for conception and pregnancy generally. It has been observed that women who undergo IVF increase their chances of pregnancy if they are also treated with acupuncture.
To establish how effective the fertility acupuncture treatment is, doctors in the US collated evidence from all relevant, well-conducted studies and published their conclusions in The British Medical Journal. The benefits may be significant research suggests a 65 percent increase in the chance of becoming pregnant, an 87 percent increase in continuing pregnancy, and a 91 percent increase in the number of live births.
Benefits of acupuncture in infertility and IVF:
- Balancing the hormonal levels
- Regulating the menstrual cycle
- Increasing the blood flow to the uterus
- Increasing the thickness of the endometrial lining to create the right environment for implantation and pregnancy
- Helping to reduce stress
- Improving the sperm count and motility
Fertility Acupuncture treatment can help in many situations, including:
- Explained and unexplained infertility
- Assisted conception support (IVF, IUI, donor cycle, etc.)
- Low sperm count and motility
- Ovulation problems
- Irregular menstrual cycle
- Recurrent miscarriages
Once a woman is pregnant, acupuncture can help:
- Relieve morning sickness.
- Alleviate back pain.
- Prevent miscarriage.
- Correct a breech presentation.
- Induce labor (when the time is right).
- Provide anesthesia during delivery.
- Help with post-partum pain and depression.
- Regulate lactation.
- Decrease the chances of miscarriage and increase the rate of live birth.
- Facial acupuncture / Facial Rejuvenation
RELATED PAGESSymptoms, Diagnosis Tests and Treatment
FAX 0208 540 3389